Tuesday, July 3, 2012

SDCC OPTIMUS PRIME



This was the first of the Mighty Muggs (MM) series that I purchased during one of my business trips to Penang, back in 2010. I thought that I would do the honour to acquire an SDCC Prime for the first of this series. This version has a metallic finish to the product where the shades of silver are clearly visible at the legs and mask.




Having opened and explored the toy, I find it hard to accept why there are a handful of collectors out there that love the MM series. To be honest with you, it only has 3 points of articulation (the head and arms). The legs can’t be moved and there is no playability factor to it. Prime can’t even reach to pick his nose if he wanted to!




Here you can see it with the blaster, which touches the floor and looks like a walking stick from certain angles. The MM series bear similar resemblance to the Gundam SD (Super Deformed) toy range where it depicts the cuter version of its series of robots.




If I am crazy enough, perhaps one day I’ll pick up a whole bunch of other TF Muggs to create a super deformed battlefield diorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment