Wednesday, July 11, 2012

GI JOE




Among my other collection are the all American heroes, GI Joe! The current collection dates back from 2003.

I decided to take them out for a group portrait just before their new movie launches, GI Joe Retaliation (2012). But what happened to the movie & why has it been postponed to next year? Well in the meantime, I'll just have to make do with what I have on hand isn't it?

As you can see, most of the vehicles are shown here with labels. This is because they were prepared earlier when I displayed my collection at a local anime convention. Back then the organizers requested that my toys be labeled for display.

For this collection, I can't help but collect more Cobras than Joes as their designs are a lot more attractive. Most of the Joe vehicles look very ordinary & there is no point for me to collect them. It took me a long time, before the almighty PIT surfaced in the market in conjunction with the first Joe movie (2009). If I had the extra budget, I would have purchased another PIT Headquarters for kit-bash purposes.

Honestly I hope there will be more worthy Joe vehicles for me to to add to my collection in future to balance out the battle scene for my diorama. Otherwise they're just going to have to take all the heavy down fire from Cobra.

No comments:

Post a Comment