Sunday, August 5, 2012

VEHICON (FIRST EDITION)





This was the second unit in the Prime series that I purchased. Before the normal line were sold on shelves, no one bothered touching them. However shortly after the first wave of the Prime series started to appear, the FEs started selling like hot cakes. It was only then, that I realized there were differences between the usual line & the First Editions (FE). Moreover, I'll tell you about the headache I'm about to face at the end of this post.



Out of the box Vehicon looks like every other concept car. My first impression of it was that it resembles a Batmobile.














It comes with a small blaster that can be tucked in at the bottom of the car, or be attached to either one of the small holes on top of the bonnet.




The transformation of Vehicon isn't easy. There are a few points to be careful about especially at the waist. The feet transformation takes a few steps & doesn't look that straightforward in the pictures.




This bot is actually quite flexible & once you get the hang of it, you can pose it freely. 




One problem is that the blaster doesn't really attach onto the hands. The blaster peg & the hand slot don't fit snugly. With this, more problems started popping into mind.

I noticed that there was indeed a difference between the FE & the normal Vehicon. Although the vehicle molds look very similar, the outcome in bot mode after transformation is quite different. 
 



The normal Vehicon looks sleeker, and holds a larger blaster.

Then another problem arose. Should I start collecting the FE, normal version or the Takara Vehicon (also known as Beacon). I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the Takara Micron alone. Hence I doubt I'll be buying the full Takara Vehicon.













Here's a closer look at Arms Micron Noji. It transforms from a long blaster to a... blaster on legs? I can't find any suitable word to describe the alternate mode. You'll just have to make do with the images that I have.






Here's how Noji looks like attached onto the FE Vehicon. 

Overall, this bot here has opened my mind up to the following problems. Which one of the three versions to purchase initially, or should I wait until Jet Vehicon comes out before making a decision. When that comes out, I believe there will be a new Micron as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment