Friday, August 3, 2012

DR. AKI ROSS



I just purchased two units of Palisades figures recently. These toys come from the animated film Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001). In this post lets first take a look at the lead character, Dr. Aki Ross. The film was made entirely from CGI & the voice of this character is played by Ming-Na Wen.




Here's a look at the packaging.

The first thing I wanted to find out is if the mold can be interchangeable with other 1/6 figurines. Upon further inspection, you'll see that the clothes are sewn tightly onto the armor.




The view from different angles.



A mugshot of Aki. United States Military Force (USMF) Science Division.




This figure only comes with two accessories, a hand  blaster & a container carrying a plant. In the movie, the plant actually plays host to the 6th spirit that she needs to protect in order to save the planet.




The container can be taken apart to reveal the plant.

One major problem with my figurine is that Aki doesn't stand still. Her legs & joints are very weak. Hence some of the angles were shot with Aki lying down instead of standing upright.






In a nutshell, I bought this figurine because I was an avid fan of the Final Fantasy series during my teenage days. Back then, a full fledged CGI film was almost unheard of with so much effort put into the making of this film in order to look realistic.

I have not much interest in 1/6 scale figures. Once I'm done with this review, sadly off she goes into my Toy Graveyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment