Tuesday, October 1, 2013

2013 Q3 TOY HAUL REVIEW



Reflecting on Q3 of 2013, I realized that I managed to purchase a handful of interesting & highly wanted toys. Some of them were deals that you just couldn't resist, while others were new launches in the market. Here's taking a look into the mind of a fellow collector.




1) TF Go! Conbiner Set
The tipping reason that made me buy this set was the limited edition Mini-Cons.

2) Hasbro Warehouse Sale
Hoarded whatever I could grab my hands on while the better deals were already taken up earlier by other haulers.

3) Australian Hauls
ROTF Devastator & BotCon 2009 Wings of Honor box. I got a shock when I actually had the box on hand & never expected it to be that big. It was after getting this box that I started doing more research on "Wings of Honor" in the Transformers line. Indeed, it has caught my attention as you'll see later on I have started to hunt down the other Wings of Honor figures from other series. This will indeed be a cool collection to display as I have a slightly upper hand by already owning the 2009 BotCon set.

4) Random local hauls
Chanced upon some Transformers Tomica toys & a TF Beast Hunter Shockwave that was becoming very rare in the market. For a mold collector like myself, it doesn't really matter if i own the Takara or Hasbro version. Then, I went off track for a while hunting for a few other Tomica cars, Batman's Batmobil in particular.

Later on, I picked up a few new toys in preparation for the upcoming Titan class Metroplex & finally managed to get my hands on a pair of large Lego base plates to display my Kreons.

5) Cybertron Con
The name itself sounds cool for one, not to mention the leader class size of BH OP made me want to get this giant. A week thereafter, I realized it was an impulsive buy as there were many more units still stacked up at toy stores. This could only mean one thing, the price will come down in the future.

6) BotCon Galvatron
The itchy fingers of mine stumbled upon a BotCon figure at a good price one night & I just had to click on the deal to own it.




1) MP-02 Soundwave
An impulse buy after a round of discussion over a few pints with a fellow collector.

2) MP Thundercracker
With the aid of a new friend, he managed to bring this jet back from Singapore where it was going on promotion at their local Toys R' Us (of which I'm really thankful for). After this piece, I started thinking of collecting the remaining MP birds. EXCEPT the green MP3 Starscream. For me, it doesn't make sense to own 2 different Starscream since I already had the white version.

3) MP Ghost Starscream & TF Arms Micron Smokescreen
One to fill my MP birds collection & the other for being a 'recruit' of the Elite Guard team (Wings of Honor).

4) Jet Power Upgrade Kit
This kit arrived long overdue from one of my local toy stores.

5) Metroplex
The Titan finally arrived in my shores. Managed to brainwash another collector as I picked 2 up at one go in fear that the market will have shortage of this figure. A very satisfying figure to be placed as the main attraction of my diorama display collection.

6) Elite Guard OP
While the market here was pushing the price of this figure up, I managed to find great deals over at the States, inclusive of shipping. One major hurdle down, the next is to find TF Animated Elite Guard Prowl (white version) at a great price. The rest of the Elite Guards should be a lot easier to find.

7) Elite Guard Bumblebee
This was a steal at the toy store owner didn't want this.

8) Random local hauls
More legend class figures in preparation for the Metroplex base diorama, Sea Monkeys for my wife & a Tomica Honda Fit in commemoration of my new hybrid car.




1) ACG-Con Metroplex
Another must buy. Owners of this figure know that there is every reason to get hold of this figure. The color scheme is a lot better, the box is uber cool & the toy comes with a set of smaller decoys.

2) MP-01 Acid Storm
I saw an unexpected deal on this just as I was about to fly off to China & I had to get it! Fortunate for me the seller was kind enough to deliver the toy right at the doorstep of my house. How cool is that?

3) TF Go! Golden Helmet
This was available on eBay & I paid a slightly higher premium for it.

4) Takara FOC Blaster
Since I already have Soundwave & Soundblaster, it's best if I just buy it & not think about it rather than to worry about this figure high & low in the years to come.

5) Beijing hauls
Read more about it here.

6) TF Kabaya Wave 7.
There's something about small size Transformers that just draws my attention to them. One day I'll snap a pic of the other Kabaya toys in my collection.


Overall, let's just hope my Q4 spending won't be as lavish & extravagant as Q3. The past months, my friendship with my closed group of collector friends have grown. They have been of great support to me with the advise given & the deal spotting that we share really has strengthened out bond. Nevertheless I think my collecting spree should be slowing off as I don't foresee anymore highly anticipated or highly wanted toys coming in anytime in the next few months.

Stay tuned for my endless hunt for the expansion of my base diorama, as well as the Elite Guard, Wings of Honor members!

No comments:

Post a Comment