Wednesday, February 27, 2013

VENOM






You'd be surprised where I picked up this 12' Venom! It was from a local video store rather than a toy shop. Although in the past few years I've been focusing my collection on the Transformers line, I couldn't miss out on this item. This was how I came up with part of my blog's address many years ago.




Although this figure stands about a feet tall, it isn't really stable. There have been many occasions that Venom has toppled off my office table & the cleaner lady has to pick it up again.






As you can see, the figure is very articulate & can be posed in a variety of manner. The tongue can be rotated around while the jaw & fingers can be move about. One main weakness that my figure has is that the joints at the ankle are not that sturdy. This could be the main reason why the figure topples every now & then.




I've become bored of toy figures that are too small nowadays. Hence this serves as a great display piece. The only problem as I've mentioned is the ankle joints. What I've done is to apply some white glue to fill up some of the gaps in between. When the glue dries, the joints can still be moved about & you won't see the stain. Do give this a try on some of your toys that have joint problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment