Monday, October 1, 2012

ARMORED CORE: NEXUS





This toy line comes from the PlayStation 2 video game that was launched in 2004. It is the eighth installment in the Armored Core (AC) line. The toys in this series are manufactured by Kotobukiya.




This is the first series in the Armored Core: Nexus toys. The set consists of four different Raven robots with three color variants each. They come in metallic blue, gun metal, silver & a secret color variant. That means there are twelve units to collect!




Here's a sharper look at the four different robots. Each robot is nearly wrapped in a bubble-wrap with the weapons and accessories. The figures stand at about 8cm tall and have numerous points of articulation.


I only purchased three boxes & these are what I received:
  •  Emerald (Armored Core 2: Another Age)
  •  Mirage (Armored Core 3)
  •  Crest (Armored Core 3: Silent Line)
Let's have a closer look at what I have on hand:


1) Emerald from Armored Core 2: Another Age








For something so small as this, Kotobukiya has done a great job with the details of this robot. Emerald comes in gun metal shade & the weapon parts are interchangeable with other AC mechas. Only the blaster rifle is connected to the right hand.


2) Mirage from Armored Core 3








There is supposed to be a drone scout that comes with Mirage but I can't seem to find it in the box. Also, this units has received some heavy handling & I've glued the right arm solid as it broke apart while I was trying to customize the robot with other parts. The shoulder weapons and rear rocket bays can  be moved about.


3) Kleist (Crest) from Armored Core 3: Silent Line










This is by far my favorite of the three. The huge rifle reminds me of the ones used by EVAs in the Evangelion series. The base of the foot is wide enough for Crest to raise & hold the huge rifle in a steady posture.


Since I just purchased these for fun many years ago, I'll just put them back in my box of collections once I'm done with this review. For now, I don't intend to collect any Armored Core mechas in the future. They're just like Gundams to me. I may not even have the time to build them, & there are hardly any resale value to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment