Sunday, November 3, 2013

OCT 2013 SPOOKY HAUL-OWEEN





Let's see what we have here for the month of October. Hmm, now wasn't I suppose to have cut down on my hauling this final quarter? 
 
At the beginning of the month, it appeared that there was a restock on TG-20 Ratbat. I intend to cut down on my hauls by avoiding deluxe class figures for now, but since Ratbat was a limited run item, I though it would be a good to watch the price go up in the future.

Then, the long awaited limited edition Linkin Park Soundwave finally arrived in October. Initially a friend & myself were waiting for our stock from Singapore. Since it arrived on home ground first we decided to pick the stock up locally, hence the 3 boxes.

Another item that arrived in October was Masterpiece Prowl. Since most of us have already seen the molds of upcoming Sreak (Silverstreak) & Smokescreen, I decided long ago that I would only go for Prowl & Smokescreen. To me, Silverstreak is just like MP-10 Masterpiece Lambor, they're just made up of solid colour.

A couple of dudes started posting some pictures of the latest Custom Kreons on Facebook. Apparently, they were being sold in some of the Tesco hyper marts. Boy did I hunt for them high & low. It was a pity that I couldn't find them. What's great is that the full set of 6 Custom Kreons were seen shortly thereafter in Toys R Us! The funny thing however, was I didn't have my Toys R Us Star card with me that day & I wanted to convert some of my existing points for vouchers. So I told the staff to reserve the items for me & that I would come a couple of days later to pick them up.  

Somewhere around the middle of the month, Isetan had a Japanese fair & not many people knew about it yet. I read on a Facebook thread that there were a couple of good offers going on. At first, I headed over to the Bandar Utama outlet, but couldn't find anything. The deals were only available at the main Isetan outlet in KLCC. When I made my way there, I was surprised at some of the great deals that were on offer. Since I didn't want to overspend, I only picked up a few items. I settle for the Platinum Series Year of the Snake Optimus Prime that was going for over 50% off, Arms Micron Stunt Wildwider for the unique 'elephant shaped' Arms Micron & Arms Micron Final Battle Megatron for the Dark Energon Saber combination.

One evening while doing grocery shopping with my wife in Tesco, I stumbled upon the full FOC Ruination set. I was hesitating intially, but then I casually took 1 out of the 5 to the nearest bar-code scanner. The scanner showed that it was going for 30% off. What else can I say right?

My sister's coming back from Adelaide for a short break sometime in November so I had to make use of the opportunity. I found a good deal for a G1 Action Masters Over-Run on eBay Australia. It needs to be fixed & has some minor paint chip, but I know what I want to do with it.

The TFCC Timelines Dion that I ordered last month finally arrived.

Met a fellow collector for a drink last month & decided to check on some stuff at one of the toy shops. To my surprise I found an Animated Prowl (white edition) which was becoming more rare, something I must have.

I've been hunting for some Transformers Animated & found Blurr & Shockwave being sold by an old supplier of mine. I negotiated for a lower price since this line is dwindling away & not many people are after these anymore. 

Towards the end of the month, the G1 Megazarak (KO Version) finally reached our shores. You don't really need to think twice to purchase these things. The first time I saw the actual thing was back in September when I was in Beijing. To date, I have to say that this figure is a great replica of the original one that I have. The only setback is that it comes with a missing piece. I've spoken with the toy store owner to request the said parts from the supplier. We'll just have to see what he can do for me.

Finally, on the last day of October I managed to pick up the 3 Kreon Micro Changers Wave 2 (Defensor, Abominus, Piranacon) that was going on sale.

Well that sums up how I ended up with all these hauls for the month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment