Sunday, June 2, 2013

YUUSHA DX BRAVE FIGHTER OF SUN: FIGHBIRD





This toy originates from the animated series The Brave Fighter of Sun Fighbird that was first aired in 1991. The funny thing about this animated story is that the time of events is set in 2010. It's now 2013 my friends.






Fire Jet looks like a futuristic supersonic plane. Both the front & two rear landing gears can be flipped down.




The cockpit opens to fit the pilot in.



This is the secondary plane, known as Flame Breaster. Even though this toy was in MISB condition when I bought it, due to the age & probably humidity you'll see that the yellow sticker are slowly bending out. I'm trying to find a way to glue the sticker back in place while not leaving any stains on the red chrome plate.






The Flame Breaster can actually be attached onto the top of Fire Jet.




Combined, this is how they would look.






Different angles of the combined jets.




Bottom view of the rear landing wheels.




Here's the pilot. Yutaro Katori is the name of the adroid that is possesed by the Fighbird spirit, an energy-based life form from outer space. The figure can be closed up to form an engine to be attached onto the Fighbird in robot mode.




Fighbird in robot form. The engine can be attached onto the chest of the robot.




This is how Fighbird looks like in robot mode. The figure stands out in bright blue, with a tint of yellow & red. There is a sticker sheet that comes with the toy to give the figure more detail.





Here's the powered up version of Fighbird once it combines with the Flame Breaster.




Let's take a closer look at the powered up Fighbird from different angles. The color contrast is absolutely stunning on this figure.





There are twin blasters behind the arms that can be flipped forward & the  shin area holds multiple missiles.




Taking a closer look at the missile bay.



Lastly, Fighbird also comes with a chrome plated Fire Sword for close combat battles. Although I didn't follow the animation nor do I know much about this figure. I wanted to get hold of this piece because it looks cool. About four to five years ago, I first stumbled upon both Fighbird & Granbird in the market but I didn't get hold of it due to my monthly budget at that time.

Thereafter, I kept hunting for it but either the price was too high, or the condition of the toy wasn't great. It was until the end of last year that I chanced upon this set again & at the same price that I was willing to pay five years ago! This time, I had to get it. Both the Fighbird & Granbird were in MISB condition when I bought them.

Stay tuned for the next two posts where I'll look into Granbird & combining them both to form the Great Fighbird.


Related link: Granbird

Related link: Great Fighbird

No comments:

Post a Comment